Memorandum of Regulations
New College Chapel Richly carved screen behind the altar of apostles and saints, dating from the 19th century, in New College Chapel.© Whitaker Studio / University of Oxford Images
The Memorandum of Regulations provides guidance for the application process, including general regulations, conditions of eligibility, the basis of selection, the method of selection, a Rhodes Scholar’s standing at Oxford, and the courses that are open to Rhodes Scholars. Applicants are advised to begin the application process as early as possible, and to make special note of the following:
- Applicants are advised to check their own college or university endorsement process for special deadlines. Institutional deadlines will always precede official U.S. Rhodes Scholarship deadlines.
- In 2015, Rhodes Scholarship applications must be submitted online and must be received no later than 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, October 1.
- Applicants are encouraged to begin the online process early and to register endorsers and referees as early as possible to permit the timely preparation and submission of institutional letters.
- Institutional endorsements and referee letters must also be received online and are also expected to be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, October 1.
- District receptions and interviews will be held on the Friday and Saturday preceding the Thanksgiving holiday. Notifications regarding interview status will be made as early as possible in advance. Election announcements are made following the conclusion of the Saturday interviews.